Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A day in Jen's world can be pretty boring most of the time.  I am married with three daughters who have given me 5 of the most wonderful grandkids anyone could ever want.  I am so proud of my daughters and who they have become.  We moms worry always about the kind of people they will become...well I needn't have worried.  They are all terrific women in their own right, wonderful moms and caring individuals.  Maybe I don't tell them that enough.  My husband is a hard working man who will help anyone who asks and some that don't.  He is not the most sociable person I know; but he has a good heart.

I am a Christian who loves her Lord and believes in the power of prayer.  I have seen faith in action and know how powerful it is.

I have in the last year discovered a passion for quilting.  I remember as a child seeing my Grandma sewing these little squares together to make "blankets" and wishing I knew how to do it.  Then a year ago I signed up for a class at our local quilting store for beginners and I was hooked!  I absolutely love piecing together fabric and ending up with a beautiful quilt to pass on to someone.  I now have my "sewing cave" that is my sanctuary.  Like my husband has his garage...I have my "sewing cave"!  I have made a wonderful new friend I met at that first class...Roz.  She is such fun to be with and shares my passion for quilting.  We have gone on weekend retreats together and meet at each others homes to sew together.  It has been so long since I had a friend to share things with other than my sisters.  I was feeling kind of lost at the time I signed up for that quilting class and now so much has changed.  I guess I was going through that whole empty nest thing and didn't even realize it.    Amazing how much difference a year can make!

No comments:

Post a Comment