Saturday, November 24, 2012

Alaska Here I Come!

Woohooooooo!!!  I am going to Alaska on a Midnight Cruise With Bonnie Hunter!  8 days of quilting with my idol and Alaskan vistas all around!  It just doesn't get better than this.  My friend, Roz, and I will be traveling together.  I absolutely cannot wait to go.  I do need the 9 months I have to wait to save the money to pay for the whole shebang!  I hope to pay it off by the time we travel so I can really just enjoy the trip without worrying about expenses. 

Today I spent the day at Farmhouse Quilts making Christmas stockings with my quilting buddies.  We had a wonderful time.  Janet's place is such a nice shop and it is such fun to hang out there all day and sew.

Our local quilt shop was destroyed in Hurricane Sandy.  We are waiting for the new shop to open.  Angie found a new location and they are in the process of setting it all up and getting ready for us.  I miss the girls there and look forward to seeing them all again.

1 comment:

  1. Jennie, I am so excited for you going on an Alaskan cruise...and quilting at the same time. An Alaskan cruise is one of the things I have always wanted to do so it is on my 'list'!
    Sorry I have never noticed your blog and so glad to find it today.
    And...I miss you too!

    ReplyDelete