Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Another Day in the Life......

It's been a while since I even looked at my own blog page.  I have been very busy sewing, sewing, sewing.  I am making some tote bags for the Christmas Fair in Dec. along with some more aprons this year.  I have started a crazy quilt done with 30's reproduction fabrics and a spider web quilt pattern as well.  I am now doing a strip quilt, a bargello quilt, a carry-all weekender bag, my monthly simple sampler blocks, a wool block of the month and still finishing up the Stitcher's Garden.  All of this in addition to the old projects still waiting to be finished up.  They include my Back to Nature quilt, two Thimbleberries quilts, many finished tops to be quilted, etc. etc.

I am having gall bladder surgery next Monday and will be home for a week recuperating, so I hope to be able to catch up a bit then.  I am a bit nervous about having this surgery.  I am not sure with the fibromyalgia how the pain afterwards will be.  Hopefully they give me some good drugs to help with that!

My two daughters that were having some real issues seem to be making their way back to some kind of relationship again.  I have tried very hard not to get too involved in this whole thing...and believe me it wasn't easy.  I encouraged them to speak to each other and not to everyone else about their issues with each other.  Get it off your chest...bring it all out into the open and talk it over.  Don't know how  much of that they have really done, but at least they are talking.  That is more than they have done over the last year.  I cannot tell you how much sleep I have lost worrying about the two of them.  It was so painful having them at each others throats for so long.  I really pray that the healing is beginning.

I need to take some pictures of the quilts I have finished in the last several months and get them on here.  I am really slacking with that these days.  There is just not enough time in the day.  My fibromyalgia is really causing me to slow down as well.  The pain levels are getting pretty hard to deal with lately.  I am not sleeping through the night unless I take something to help and I don't want to get in the habit of that.  I still haven't tried any of the new drugs on the market to treat fibro.  I am afraid of side effects...short term and long term.  These things haven't been on the market long enough for them to know how they will effect people.  Some of these new drugs can cause cancer, heart attacks and death.  I would rather suffer with the pain thank you!  I try to take the minimum amount of meds that I can.  Bad enough I have to take the blood pressure, thyroid and cholesterol meds.

That's it for now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment