Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

Christmas at our house was a bit different this year.  Because I have two daughters who aren't on the best of terms this year we ended up having our Family Christmas on Christmas Eve Day.  They were civil, but certainly not loving.  I keep waiting for them to wake up.  Anyway....the children certainly had a good time.  I made quilts for all of my family (3 daughters, 3 sons-in-law and one stepson).  Everyone seemed to love them so that made me happy!  For my grandchildren I had been buying coin collections over the last 10 years and gifted them with them this year.  The two boys got Morgan Silver Dollars and Liberty Silver Dollars.  Samantha (oldest girl) got the collection of Peace Silver Dollars.  The two youngest got the Eisenhower and Susan B. Anthony collections.  They all got the startings of things like Roosevelt Dimes, Buffalo Nickels, Lincoln Pennies, Liberty Dimes and nickels, etc.  I am hoping that this gets them interested in doing more of the coin collecting.  I got them a couple of other little things as well.  They seemed excited by it all.

I spent Christmas morning at my youngest daughters house for breakfast and after that spent the rest of the day at home with just me and hubby.  He watched his shows and I went to the sewing cave for the rest of the day.  We had a nice lasagna for dinner and back to sewing I went.  I am working on the Orca quilt steps 5 & 6.  Finally got Step 5 done and now working on step 6.  I will post pictures of my kids with their quilts and my progress on the Orca quilt later tonight when I get home from work.  Yes...I have to work this week.  We are not busy so as you can see I am catching up here.

Our Friday Night (every week) Finishers is over with for the year.  It lasted from October through Christmas week and was such fun.  12 ladies getting together on Friday nights to sew and work on Christmas gifts for our families and friends.  I am so grateful for Pieceful Quilting for providing the venue and an advisor for our group to meet.  We will be meeting only once a month for the next 9 months now.  I used that time to make gifts, aprons for donation to the church fair and some pillow cases for home and the grands.  I look forward to meeting again in October.

Yesterday I took all my grandkids and went to the movies.  We saw "My family bought a Zoo!"  It is a great family movie.  The best part was being with all my grandkids for the afternoon.  Before I know it they will get old enough that they don't want to spend the day with Grandma!  I cherish these moments I have now.

Till next time............................

No comments:

Post a Comment