Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt

Last week I started working on a Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt that she does every November.  This is my first foray into the world of Bonnie's mystery quilts.  This one is titled "Orca Bay".  She was inspired by Orca Bay in Alaska at sundown by all the magnificent colors across the water.  My color choices are the same as Bonnie's (that worked out as they were the only colors I had a lot of)...black, neutrals, red and blue.  So far we have made 224 hourglass black/neutral blocks (2.5") and I am now working on the blue string blocks (3") and there are 72 of them.

I am having a wonderful time playing with this quilt over the last two weeks.  So far I am keeping up with the pack!  I will update on this every week and post some new pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment